Welcome to the Chafee Funds Program - Beyond of New York State
The Chafee Funds Program - Beyond (CFP-B) of New York State through the Office of Children and Family Services offers limited financial awards to eligible youth who are currently or were in foster care. Funds for this program are awarded from $500 to $2,000. Applicants will be informed if funds are available for multiple awards.
Currently Accepting Applications
Apply starting July 1, 2023 for the
2023 - 2024 Award Year
If you would like to get application support from someone you know, please click here for guidance on Application Support & Security. Applications completed by someone other than the applicant will not be accepted.
For assistance, please email us at admin@ChafeeNY.org.
To begin the application process:
- Download / print the Application Instructions in English / Spanish
- Download / print the ID document instructions:
- Make sure you are using the Google Chrome browser
- Click the blue "Register" button in the top right corner
Please email admin@ChafeeNY.org with questions about the CFP-B program or application process.
To qualify for the Chafee Funds Program - Beyond (CFP-B) of New York State, as of the date of application submission applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years old, but have not reached their 23rd birthday AND meet one of these requirements:
Currently in New York State Foster Care - Applicants must
- Be 21 or 22 years old
No Longer in New York State Foster Care - Applicants must
- Be 18 through 22 years old AND
- Have been discharged from foster care in New York State on or after the age of 18
All of the relevant criteria above must be met in order for an applicant to qualify for CFP-B. Applicants are required to provide acceptable proof of identity to qualify for this program. Detailed guidelines are available in the application or by contacting admin@ChafeeNY.org.
Eligibility requirements are subject to change without prior notification.
All CFP awards are disbursed on a first come, first served basis for completed eligible applications while funding is available.